The nursery is set in a 16th century thatched building which is Grade 2 listed. We have adapted this space to provide interesting child friendly rooms all of which are conveniently located on the ground floor. All rooms have direct access to large outdoor play areas. We take the safety and security of the children very seriously and all areas are fully securely enclosed. We offer;
- An all-weather front area for all kinds of play, but especially developing physical skills.
- Paved and lawn area directly outside the Robins and Woodpecker rooms to promote free flow, outside play and which recognises that children are often more comfortable accessing learning in the outside environment rather than inside
- A dedicated area for babies to explore and play in with a sand pit, den, water and sensory play; a safe place for them learn to crawl and walk in.
- We have a vegetable patch, fruit trees, bug garden, mud kitchen, willow dens
- A large grassed area at the back and side to encourage discovery imagination and investigation.
Entry to the nursery is controlled and no unauthorised person is admitted to the premises. All visitors are accompanied and must sign in on arrival.
There is plenty of parking at the front of the nursery and we have a dedicated “staff only parking” area to the side.